Exactly 1,651 boats gathered and tied up Saturday on Lake Cumberland and broke the Guinness World Record for the largest boat tie-up, said Mike Janela, official on-site judge for the event.
A certificate was presented to officials with the Lake Cumberland Association following a count by air and by water, Janela said. The previous record included 1,454 boats. Guidelines for the record category stipulate that all participating boats must be connected together in a single line for at least one minute and have at least one person on board during this minute. Janela said the boaters were able to hold the tie up for “quite a while.”
The Lake Cumberland Association is promoting the largest ever event on Lake Cumberland. The “Lake Cumberland Raft Up 2010” will be a lake-wide event attempting to break the world record number of boats rafted (moored) together simultaneously. All marinas on the lake will provide a full weekend of fun and festivities.
The association is expecting this to become the annual Lake Cumberland area ‘signature’ event. Each marina has its own sense of community, but the Association’s goal is for everyone to come together to experience the pride and camaraderie of the entire lake region and encourage participants to experience as many marinas as possible during “Raft Up” weekend.
The event will take place near Tate Landing or some have referred to as Monticello Beach. The location is across from “Shin Bone,” just west of Conley Bottom. There are over two miles of beach area for houseboats to “beach up” along the shoreline. Cruisers, runabouts, pontoons, fishing boats and others may anchor, backing up to the houseboats, forming a long oblong circle of continual boats. This will be the largest ever party on Lake Cumberland. A designated FM radio station will provide wonderful party music during the event.
Lake Cumberland currently has 72 square miles of water with an average depth of 60 feet. So make plans to not only experience, but participate in breaking the Guinness World Record at the 1st Annual “Lake Cumberland Raft Up.” For additional information go to http://www.lakecumberlandraftup.com
- World Biggest Mango Record set by Filipino Couple
- World’s Largest and Biggest Human Penis by Jonah Falcon
- Largest Collection of Currencies World Record India set by Richard Lobo
- Skinny Dipping Attempt at White Tail Resorts set World Record
- Sheyla Hershey – World’s Largest Breasted Woman, Fights for Life After Radical Breast Surgery
- World’s Longest Karaoke Marathon by Multiple Participants Guinness Records set by Viraag’s Artist Club
- Easter Bunny World’s Biggest Rabbit in Guinness World Record
- World Amazing Model and Actress | Cheryl Tiegs
- 2012 – 2013 World Highest Paid Footballers : Richest Footballers
- Top 10 Biggest Dog Breeds in the World
- Tallest and Largest Dog in The World
- Worlds First Spiritual Water Fountain Show at Akshardham Temple India
- Happy Rose – Most Expensive Multi Coloured Roses set World Record
- Top 50 Richest Person in India in the List of Forbes World Billionaires 2011 List
- Fifa World Cup South Africa 2010 Final Viewers Prediction