This photo of the Discovery Space Shuttle was taken from the Jupiter Inlet on the east coast of Florida on December 9, 2006. It was the shuttle’s first night launch in about 4 years and I was fortunate to have captured an incredible shot. From that moment, the photo has attracted significant attention, not only locally here in Florida where it has placed in photo contests, but also across the nation. Within a month, thanks to an upcoming Holiday Season, this photo found its way into hundreds of homes in at least 10 different states all across the country.
What followed was an idea intended to unite people from all across the nation, regardless of age, sex, race, religion, or political beliefs. On September 1, 2007, after nearly 7 months of intense planning and preparation, this project was officially launched and it’s like nothing you have ever seen before.
We will be using our photo to set a NEW WORLD RECORD as the world’s largest photo mosaic and will completely destroy the current world record set in Spain on October 31, 2006 by over 43 times. It will be almost 5 acres in size and visible from satellites orbiting miles above the earth.
Every picture is made up of little dots of color called pixels. We will be printing out each and every pixel in our picture as a 4 inch square of color which will then be affixed to pieces of plywood. Over 6,650 pieces of 4′ x 8′ plywood will then be laid out on the ground like a puzzle to recreate the original picture. Once the project has been certified as a new world record, the project will be dismantled, and all the plywood will be used to build new homes for fellow Americans.
Here’s how you fit in: there are a limited number of pixels in this photo and all are available for sponsorship. Once all the pixels have been sponsored, the project will be built, displayed and certified. We are inviting you to be part of this record breaking journey with us. If you are the sponsor of a pixel, you will receive a certificate of authenticity, your name will be displayed on our web site, and once we have reached our goal, you will be known as a world record holder.
There are additional benefits to being involved with this project as well. You can sponsor a pixel to honor or memorialize a friend or family member as a unique gift. Your child’s school can participate in our fundraising program and get their share of up to $3.8 million and you can earn rewards including mp3 players, digital cameras, trips to Florida, and even rides on G-Force One (ZERO-G’S airplane) where you can experience weightless flight just like the astronauts on the space shuttle.
Finally, if we can all pull together to do something as insignificant as set a new World Record, we can surely pull together to do things that can make our country better. Based on that, we are putting forth the following challenge: During the course of this project, we encourage everyone involved to do something selfless for someone you know and for someone you have never even met. Check out the “you did what?” pages for more details at http://www.powerfulpixel.com
- World’s Largest and Biggest Human Penis by Jonah Falcon
- Top 10 Biggest Dog Breeds in the World
- World Record 2011 For Biggest Boobs and Heaviest Breasts By Chelsea Charms
- Worlds First Spiritual Water Fountain Show at Akshardham Temple India
- Diwali Festival 2010 Celebration in India
- 2012 – 2013 World Highest Paid Footballers : Richest Footballers
- World’s Largest School Bag World Record set by Rainbow Max
- World Biggest Chocolate Bar Guinness Record set by Armenian Company
- World Smallest Cow in Guinness World Record Book 2011
- Goodluck Jonathan, The Most Cursed President On Facebook
- The Longest Continuous Journey by Motorcycle within a Single Country
- Tallest and Largest Dog in The World
- Lionel Messi : Amazing Football Player
- Josh Hutcherson : Amazing American Film and Television Actor
- Most Successful Piles Surgeries World Record